Participatory Grantmaking – Please Share Your Feedback!
Greetings food systems advocates, network leaders, and Food Charter Champions:
The Minnesota Food Charter Network is excited to share a draft participatory grantmaking process with you today. This process is similar to a traditional request for proposals, but with much greater community engagement throughout all stages, including in shaping the proposal and in the final decisions about how funds are allocated.
The proposed purpose of this funding is to provide communities with flexibility and support to creatively build or strengthen connections across difference (race, geography, sector, etc) to advance equitable access to healthy food for all Minnesota residents. This proposal and process is being led by the University of Minnesota Extension.
Below, you will find a draft proposal. We WELCOME your constructive feedback for improvement, creative ideas, and questions. You can share your thoughts in several ways:
- Comment directly in the Google document. (also available via Pdf here)
- Complete this survey
- Reach out directly to University of Minnesota Extension staff: Jamie Bain, Noelle Harden or Stephanie Heim
- Participate in a video call via Zoom on Wednesday, July 18th from 2:00 – 3:00 PM
- Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/546901885
- Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
- US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 876 9923; Meeting ID: 546 901 885